Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brrrr.....FROZEN!

In the spirit of the extremely chilly weather outside, I thought it fitting to finally watch the movie Frozen. If you're not familiar, Frozen is a suspense/thriller set on the slopes. 3 skiers get stranded on a chairlift at night, and have to make life or death decisions-sit and wait it out, or jump 50 feet to the ground and risk injury, or worse; hungry wolves!

Let me preface this by stating that I am not a fan of most films in the thriller genre. Alas, Frozen wasn't entirely awful. In fact, I actually thought it was pretty good, for what it was. The acting wasn't terrific, but the female lead, Emma Bell, played her part perfectly. I also enjoyed the fact that Frozen was filmed here locally at Snowbasin Ski Resort in Ogden, UT.

You can usually predict what will happen in most horror films, but I was actually surprised by several of the twists and turns. The camera techniques were spot on, and several times I felt like I was stuck on the chair with these kids. A few times I caught myself wondering what I would do in the same situation. I imagine this is what the director was going for. It's not a 4 star movie by any means, but it definitely packs in some thrills, and of course, plenty of chills!

If you're in the mood to feel anxious, on edge, a little shocked, and don't mind some gruesomeness, you could do worse than Frozen.

That movie put me in the mood for a hot bath. Brrrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment